Measure across the center both ways. Clamp down the feet before you screw them down, pre-drilling really helps here. This is a critical measurement, if this is too far off you will cut parallelograms instead of squares.
Running the Wires
- Decide where your control board will be located.
- Run the far side wire through the rail and secure with a cable tie to the plate. (I chose to cover the wires with PET braiding on this build.
- Make sure the belt will have a clear path.
- Connect the close stepper to the doubled up plug on the harness With these steppers I match the blue wires on all plugs.
- Secure with tape.
- Move your axis away from the control board as far as possible.
- Leave a slight bend in the wires.
- Hold the wires in place at the far end and move your axis as close to the control board as possible.
- Secure the wires a little past where the wires are bent and still touching the surface. Leave a little slack in the line, you do not want to stress the wires. They will be subject to repeated flexing.