Reply To: Starting my first MPCNC build and a question on squaring the frame / roller assy

New Home Forum don’t use this one need to sort -Assembly – MPCNC Starting my first MPCNC build and a question on squaring the frame / roller assy Reply To: Starting my first MPCNC build and a question on squaring the frame / roller assy

Profile photo of Burt
Burt
Participant

Thanks Dave,

Things are coming along pretty well, just taking time to get all the pieces printed. Once I made a “jig” to make measurements more accurate the frame is squaring up quite well. Final adjustments will have to wait until I have all the feet printed.

It took me a while to get the PrinterBot Simple Metal really dialed in, but now it produces amazing prints. Nearly perfect every time. That is no blobs or unexpected holes with very good adhesion with PLA. I have the parts to add a heated bed but since I’ve been able to get good results with PLA and Blue Tape I haven’t bothered setting up the heated bed, but I’m going to be doing some ABS in the future so I’ll really need to add that to the PrintrBot.

I’m sure that I’ll have more questions on the MPCNC as I get closer to the finished product. I expect to do a motion test of the X/Y in a couple of days at the rate things are going.

And I’ll post some photos once I get the feet done and have things mounted on the base.

Burt