Reply To: MPCNC 2.8w $100 laser add-on complete

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC MPCNC 2.8w $100 laser add-on complete Reply To: MPCNC 2.8w $100 laser add-on complete

Profile photo of Fabrice
Fabrice
Participant

Hi everyone!

Before all, thank you Leo69 and Vicious1.

I’ve been searching for information for months to find out how to modify my prusa i3 and I found your explanation just excellent!

I bought a chinese laser with driver from ebay a few weeks ago but didn’t really know how to control it without burning it at first plug.

I have been following all the tutorial, using the 5W resistor with the diods for a first test, and it worked well, except I can only get 0V or 5V ( but no intermediate value) at pin 44

As my driver is not the same, I just wanted to check the amperage.

My laser is a 2W , and I got 1,6V testing at the 5W ceramic resistor, so I didn’t modify the tuning.

After the diods/resistor test, I added the 10K resistor for security, but since, there’s no more control on the driver, the M106 command has no effect.

Could it be a problem with the resistor’s value?

Ok, I just checked the resistor, there were a shortcut inside the protection I had put around (thermo), must have molten when I heated it.

I still have a laser flash when I put switch the power on, but commands M106 and M107 work like a charm!