Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Leo69
Leo69
Participant

I’m not too familiar with the optimized engraving feature because i didn’t write the code for that feature and haven’t had time to study it. I’ve used it a couple of times and noticed the same dark edge that you did.i think the feedrate picks up on the non- burned areas and slows back down when the burning starts again.it’s possible that the laser is firing as the deceleration is happening and the beam is dwelling on that spot a little longer than the rest. Bryan hasn’t been on the forum for a while but maybe he’ll comment on that. The feature is experimental so you can turn it off if it isn’t working for you. My preferred setting is diagonal raster.if your source image Is just a line drawing dxf or pdf then try dxf2gcode. It will burn a vector image much faster than a raster based toolpath can.