Reply To: Just double checking on the new Z-Axis and Middle assembly

New Home Forum don’t use this one need to sort -Assembly – MPCNC Just double checking on the new Z-Axis and Middle assembly Reply To: Just double checking on the new Z-Axis and Middle assembly

Profile photo of Burt
Burt
Participant

I figured since everything printed very well for hole sizes, no warping, and fit together well that it was probably OK to have a bit of spring. I haven’t really cranked anything ultra tight, just enough to snug up and for all the bearings to be touching the conduit.

My confusion, as I mentioned in my earlier reply to my post was one of the assy pictures showed the Z rails without the tool mount so I was assuming that I would have to remove it, but I found as you mention that it clears just fine so that was just some confusion on my part.

Since use the Home function with GRBL the one thing I need to do is figure out how to mount the bottom Z axis limit switch and as you mention I’ll have to redesign my drag chain mount for the Z axis. That will take me a little time in the morning but I have everything rough mounted back on the CNC machine and will triple check squareness in the morning.

Thanks,