Home / Forum / Builds and Things Built / Teach them young!! / Reply To: Teach them young!!

Profile photo of JasonJason
#15181 |

Love it! My daughter is just starting 1st grade this upcoming year but she loves the MPCNC already. She wasn’t huge on my 3D printer (though she likes the prints I make for her) but the MPCNC has really caught her attention. She’s scared of the sound with a spindle on it but likes watching it enough that she puts on her hearing protectors and deals with the fear 😀

I keep hoping to get her more involved with it or with making something with it, but she mostly just enjoys watching it so far. Her school is a special STEM based charter school so she gets a lot of exposure to 3D printing, computers, engineering and science in general. I’ve been kind of putting off expanding my machine to it’s final size and attaching it to the table I build since I want to be able to bring it in for her class to see…and right now at 2’x2′ that’s possible. But when it’s 3’x4′ and attached to a large heavy 4’x4′ table…it won’t be moving anymore 😀