Home / Forum / Getting Started / Full assembly CAD files? Any format. / Reply To: Full assembly CAD files? Any format.

Profile photo of Benjamin ShawBenjamin Shaw
#15634 |

I have still been messing around with the idea of how to work with STL files. Found a program by Autodesk called ReMake. It looks like it does some pretty advanced things when dealing with mesh files, and also has an option to output a file

constructed of quad surfaces

. Installed it at work, but I think there is something on my network that blocks something about the program, because it crashes right after it starts. Going to try freeing up enough space to install at home.

Fusion 360 is pretty cool. I think I’ve watched every video on Youtube that shows the CAM side of it. Pretty much ready to go besides needing to understand more about feeds and speeds and end mill selection.

What is your experience in making aluminum parts on the MPCNC? Do they come out ok, even though being slow?

Yeah the PCNC 440 is crazy. I wonder if there is any production items that could be done with the MPCNC to make enough to buy a PCNC.