Reply To: Machine wanders off in middle of routing, then gets back on track sometimes?

New Home Forum don’t use this one, I need to sort and delete -Troubleshooting Machine wanders off in middle of routing, then gets back on track sometimes? Reply To: Machine wanders off in middle of routing, then gets back on track sometimes?

Profile photo of John
John
Participant

I encountered this hang about 80 minutes into a 4-hour job, so if it’s reproducible at that point it’s going to be a pain. I’m running it again now.

I’m not sure how to change the units involved. As far as I can tell it’s just an Estlcam gui setting and shouldn’t affect the generated g-code, right? I figured if slow was good, then reeeally slow was better. I can change the setting in Estlcam if you think it will make a difference.

The computer is a raspberry pi running raspbian. I’ve got a live webcam stream from it plus repetier-server in a tab in chrome watching the console output. As far as I can tell nothing is sleeping. No USB errors or notifications of state changes present in dmesg to indicate a problem at that point on the pi.