Reply To: Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder Reply To: Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder

Profile photo of Jasoroony
Jasoroony
Participant

I made one, it’s pretty good. Thanks for making it available. I did remove the sensor bracket bit, because I’ve mounted my sensor in the spoil-board as I already had too many wires leading up to the Z axis mechanism. I did have to attach a chunky piece of aluminium to the bottom of the stepper for it to be close enough to detect Z-0. I just think of it as a heat-sink though.

Things I’ve thought about:

1/ It would be nice if there were holes for using zip ties to tidy up the writes leading up.
2/ My nozzle is higher up than shown in your photos, because I’ve got the filament entry port as close to the stepper gear as I can.. So I’m not sure the angle of the fan outlet is correct for me. I have not printed too many things yet, but the calibration cubes did come out nicely so it’s probably ok, though as I print taller things that may change.
3/ The filament spring lever is awkward to use, I should have bought a reversed one but I don’t see any local ones available where I live. I’ve loosened the spring a little to make that easier but I’m yet to see if it’s too loose to keep grip of the filament.

Oh, and I printed it in ABS but the rest of the MPCNC is PLA so the different shrinkage did make the attachment holes a tight fit until I drilled them out a bit. That’s an easy thing to fix though, and nothing to do with the design.

Edit: Oh I see there are now tip-tie holes. How about some leading up too?