Reply To: Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder Reply To: Rigid MK8 Mount with through body part fan and capacitive bed probe holder

Profile photo of Jasoroony
Jasoroony
Participant

My extruder is sooo cheap and crappy. The filament hole in the lever arm is about 2mm too much towards the fan side. I’d drill it out, except that it wouldn’t be a new hole on its own, as it would join the current one. I guess I’m just saying it would be little wonder if they sourced a shorter throat to save 2c since they spent no money on quality assurance. I didn’t even get a little screw to hold the thermistor in place, lucky I had the perfect size one lying around.

Yep, I had to use longer screws too. But luckily I had ones the right length and didn’t have to cut them. I did use a printed fan grill and not the metal one it came with (which I used instead on the cooler fan) because the screws I had wouldn’t fit with that on.

I do like the idea of a bigger fan outlet with fins that spread the air, but for me, if there’s a problem, I’ll just file the shape of the outlet a little. Thanks again!