Reply To: 5 parts left to print and am stuck trying to get 2 of them to work.

New Home Forum Troubleshooting 5 parts left to print and am stuck trying to get 2 of them to work. Reply To: 5 parts left to print and am stuck trying to get 2 of them to work.

Profile photo of Josh Williams
Josh Williams
Participant

It’s fixed!. So I dropped the retraction down in distance and upped the speed. It seemed to help slightly but the print was obviously still weak in those layers. After getting a good grip I was able to separate the print into 2 pieces with just my fingers so I knew the force of the machine itself would probably tear it apart instantly. I found a setting in Simplify3d under the advanced tab in the movement section called “Avoid crossing outline for travel movements”. When I unchecked this (not sure how it was checked to begin with) the prints came out flawless. I am now printing the last part, the final stepper mount. Now I just need to source a few more pieces and it’s assembly time.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. Its always good to have another person troubleshoot with you. Fresh eyes can always see clearer.

Josh