Reply To: CNC ABS Build – To Vapor Wash or Not to Vapor Wash…that is the question…

New Home Forum Getting Started CNC ABS Build – To Vapor Wash or Not to Vapor Wash…that is the question… Reply To: CNC ABS Build – To Vapor Wash or Not to Vapor Wash…that is the question…

Profile photo of Cory Russell
Cory Russell
Participant

I’ve had issues with using the brush-on method before, specifically the brush lines appearing in the print afterwards, which is why I stick with the Vapor washes. However you do bring up a good point about internal dimensions becoming corrupted, which was what my original concern was. The most egregious of these errors would most likely appear near the bearing mount locations as the prints have very small (by comparison to the overall part) torus’ that hold the bearings in place. If those were to become misshapen, well, most certainly chaos would ensue. Perhaps the safest bet is to build a full unit without the washes, figure out its inner workings, then replace the parts a few at a time with vapor washed versions and see what goes wrong. The feet I don’t think there’d be a problem with, but anything with a bearing or a belt guide could be problematic.