Reply To: Perfect built at last (after a lot of tuning) – oval circles and rectangulars

New Home Forum Troubleshooting Perfect built at last (after a lot of tuning) – oval circles and rectangulars Reply To: Perfect built at last (after a lot of tuning) – oval circles and rectangulars

Profile photo of Jasoroony
Jasoroony
Participant

Painstakingly, I guess, but count off the tiny belt notches (mark them with a pen as you go, every 10 or 20) and measure the distance of the X’s and Y’s for the same count of notches from one end to the other. Your Y belts are longer, so there may be a bit more stretch in them.

If you get different measurements on X’s vs Y’s, you could re-tension the belts or adjust the firmware… If the X’s are different to one another (and/or Y’s to one another) you will need to re-tension so they are at least “similar enough”. My machine isn’t rectangular, but square and the belts are about the same tension, so I’ve not noticed this, but now you bring it up I will be measuring and adjusting the firmware if needed, much the same as the extruder 100mm filament test that’s recommended.