So I reprinted all my Z related parts for starters. The bolt holes were all quite tight. I had to adjust my “Extrusion Multiplier” in Slic3r as I was getting too much material during prints which was most noticable in the hole sizes and the infill of prints was proud. I changed it from “1” to “.85” through calibration tests. That’s quite a bit off (15%).
One of the other things I did was to put the “spacer” at the top and the “nut lock” not at the bottom (i had the reverse of this previously). This helped tremendously. The assembly is completely free and smooth now. The lead screw does not bind at all and can be turned easily by hand.