Reply To: Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization?

New Home Forum Updates Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization? Reply To: Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization?

Profile photo of Sergey Kovalyov
Sergey Kovalyov
Participant

May I throw in this thought.
I think it would be a good tutorial describing the workflow process creating a spoil board.
Review various solutions and materials (like using a T-slot board vs. carving your own).
Discuss possible designs and their pros and cons (holes with threaded inserts vs slots vs 3D printed or aluminum inserted slots)
Then the process of preparing the file in Estlcam and carving. All designs pretty much consist of some flat depressions and through holes, and some repeated patterns. In addition, a spoilboard is larger than a working area, so there is an issue of breaking the total work into pieces and repositioning.
The choice of bits and speeds, and how would one approach figuring out this question.

I think this tutorial would be more relevant that the electronics box tutorial, especially since the latter already assumes one has a spolboard.