Reply To: Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization?

New Home Forum Updates Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization? Reply To: Need some help- getting started guide or better information organization?

Profile photo of Bill
Bill
Participant

I think Sergey has a great idea. Those of us not coming from the fabricating world often don’t know what something like a spoil board is, much less how to fabricate and use one. (Though from the name I can assume it’s used to make it so if you cut too deep you damage the spoil board, not the bit or table)

I have been going through the Software pages (estlcam basics jumps from step 6 to 8 without a 7 BTW) and I’ll probably be able to get it working from them. At the end of that estlcam page there is a link to a test file but no info on what the test should produce. I’d like to see a correctly done version with dimensions shown so I could tell if my result is correct, as opposed to doubled in size in all directions or flipped and inverted…

The repetier-host page is written for a 3D printer use, not for a mill or laser. Are the parameters and such going to be the same for each of the three common uses for a MPCNC? I can certainly see not doing tutorials for the edge cases (rotation on the Z axis comes to mind lately) but I would like to know if there substantial differences between milling and printing.