Reply To: Print seems to be shifting

New Home Forum Troubleshooting Print seems to be shifting Reply To: Print seems to be shifting

Profile photo of sempul
sempul
Participant

Yep seems as though it was either that or my wiring from the gantry going up was binding in certain spots. I built this thing as a first ever printer with lofty goals of being able to just hot swap it all for a CNC router, Laser, and 3D printer. I had no idea what I was doing lol. I built it with a work area of 30″X30″X10″. I have played hell with stability and to date my largest print was 6″X6″. My X and Y pipes are 34″ long with my feet being 9.5″ tall. I do believe that I will be shortening the X and Y down to 20″ while leaving the Z tall this weekend. It is truly locked down and prints quite well even at this size. But I will never use even 50% of its potential. I think a build area of 16″X16″X10″ will be just fine and I am betting will vastly improve my stability and allow for faster prints. I will be building a larger and much lower one in the near future to use exclusively as a CNC router for woodworking. I can say this has been a great learning experience and I am totally blown away by the support you have shown in responses and emails. You are a Great dude and your product is amazing!!! Keep up the good work.