Reply To: Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material

New Home Forum Getting Started Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material Reply To: Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material

Profile photo of Frederick N. Brier
Frederick N. Brier
Participant

Wow. That was silly of me. So my last question is about “Sharp Stuff”. My first project is cutting 3/4″ plywood for the work table (4’x8′), which I know is not recommended, but the accuracy would be great if it was within 1/8″. I will then remount the parts on a smaller base (30″x 56″), which will sit on the larger work table. So the question is, what bits should I buy? I was looking at the Kyocera bit specifications and realized I did not know the cutting length (l) of the bit in the store. I was looking at the 1/16″ bit, and the uncoated part in the catalog is 1710-0625.750. Being a neophyte, I don’t know what the appropriate diameter (D) of a bit should be to cut plywood, or what coating is better. Is 1/16″ too small? What bits in the store have a cutting length of 3/4″? Are they appropriate for cutting plywood? Thank you again.

Fred