Thanks for the response.
At the moment I will stick to pronterface as the machine control system as it appears to work well. Can’t find anything in Marlin, so still don’t think its a firmware problem.
Perhaps this 100 ohm resistor is more necessary and needs to be more accurately sized. Will use a spare thermistor to test and establish it. Needs to be set at 200 deg C, since thats the temp the hot end is required to heat to.
I had the Melzi board spare when I decided that I did not need the Tri color conversion on my RepRap Mendel any longer.
Got to get a spindle on it and start cutting! Using a spring loaded pen to make many lines – Interesting.