Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Leo69
Leo69
Participant

A while back one of the users on the forum concluded that piclaser performed better because it had the decimal power values.i dissected this wasn’t the case but i went ahead and made the change anyway.I’m still not sure if marlin can do anything with the decimals since your firmware isn’t really marlin.the turnkey tyranny firmware your using isn’t slightly modified.I’ve looked at it and it’s heavily modified in how it processes laser commands so the processing speed problem may possibly be there. I have zero speed issues running vanilla marlin firmware auth a diode laser. You also haven’t mentioned the TTL frequency of your laser driver. This is hardware related and will determine how quickly the power pulses can switch from one level to another.