Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Bryan
Bryan
Participant

@Andrew ,
“In version 4 the only changes I would have liked due to the power of my laser is the ability to use faster feed settings, for example if I set it at 7000 it still only moves very slowly at a predetermined feed rate, but one I would see more common with a feed of 1500.”
-You may have hit the max feedrate that is built into Marlin. You can delve into the firmware (Configuration.h) and bump up the max allowed feedrate and see if that solves the issue.

“The feature I miss most when in image2gcode is being able to crop the image, but I dont mind editing image else where then open in image2gcode.”
-I agree, cropping seems like a nice feature. I don’t really want this to become an image editing tool because that’s just more to maintain and troubleshoot, but cropping seems pretty benign to add.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience/access to the K40 setup so you would have to look elsewhere for help on that.

“Oh I did notice when playing with version 6 that it would not allow for dither at all, I would click it but then it would revert back to greyscale?”
-Hmm, I will take a look into why that’s happening