Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Andrew
Andrew
Participant

Attached are three projects I created via image2gcode using cheap k40 laser with arduino+ramps 1.4 using a forked version of marlin modified for 40watt laser. I am super excited to have something finally working after months of headaches. The last image shows where my machine was sticking but printing now in diagonal the problem is solved again so freaking awesome.

Bryan, I will check the firmware for the predetermined feed rate max and min, but when I use another program such as inksckape and set feed at 6000 or more I have no issues. At that rate of feed it is super fast but still the firmware does allow it?

Also at a low feed rate say 250 or 300 and 100% power, my laser will come very close if not succeed cutting through 1/4 inch MDF, these images that I have attached were created at max power in image2gcode of 25.

Thanks again and you’ve done an awesome job with this software, I am very grateful.

Andrew

Attachments: