Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Leo69
Leo69
Participant

This is a significant revision.great job Bryan! The decimal option definitely useless on stock marlin firmware since the windows gdi graphics only do 8 bit grayscale and that’s the image source. Probably useless on any controller for that matter. The only reason i thought it might serve a purpose is because someone had mentioned that piclaser used decimals and had better results with them.i guess its pretty harmless as an option though. I did manage to add laser functions to my marlin lcd menu and am testing 10bit and 16bit pwm. This will (hopefully)be a big improvement for grayscale resolution when burning at less than max power levels. Looking forward to trying your revisions.I’ve only seen this feature on one other software, commercial of course.