Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

New Home Forum Software Development Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC Reply To: Image2Gcode – Free Raster Image Laser Engraving Software – Modified for MPCNC

Profile photo of Noname007
Noname007
Participant

Well, sadly it is not all that easy πŸ™
I tried different stepping and although the accuracy does not suffer my nerves do.
These tiny motors make terrible noise if they get enough current to do the engravings fast enough.
Another problem I noticed last night was that from the SD the engraving wanders out to the left with every line, another thig to address and fix πŸ™

Just to be clear:
Reducing the stepping certainly allows for a slightly higher speed but I doubt it will fix the current issues of data overload.
For the hardware there is little difference as the amount of commends are still the same.
An optimised GCode sender for this purpose would be the best starting point to eliminate other causes.
Right now I am not really convinced that it is all down to the Arduino and the china hardware.
Have to check if proper flow control can be enabled and if I get a USB logger to check the actual traffic for any problems.

If someone wants to try my modded Turnkey Firmware I am happy to supply the hex file or source code.
But as I am still tinkering with it to get it better I won’t be of much help in terms of support for different hardware.