Dewalt screen speed control

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leo69 Leo69 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tmelvin
    tmelvin
    Participant

Has anyone ever seen this http://www.openbuilds.com/threads/router-speed-controller.749/
    Basically it’s running a router like we use off of a variable dc power supply, they say it makes it run cooler and quieter.
    I don’t know a whole lot about ax/dc power for motors, so if anyone has any advise before I build one I’m all ears

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Keymaster

A few of us use something very similar to what is linked at the end of that thread.

Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

Yup.got mine At hf. Been running for a couple years now

Profile photo of tmelvin
    tmelvin
    Participant

Is the harbor freight one putting out Ac or dc voltage? If the diagram is the same as the router speed control they link to I would just buy one.
    Also is there much difference between the Frankin speed control and the harbor freight one?

Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

I’m not positive but pretty sure the hf speed control uses a triac circuit with a variable resistor to control the chopping frequency. A triac is two rectifiers back to back so it would function kind of like an adjustable version of what’s described in the link.the hf version is a better implementation though and just as cheap as building yourself, especially if you have a 20% off coupon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.