END Mill Starter Set / Europe?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC END Mill Starter Set / Europe?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of C C 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of martin
    martin
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I am basically all set with starting to put my MPCNC to good use. I have ordered a 300W Spindle, speed controller (same as the quiet cut on inventables, https://www.inventables.com/technologies/quiet-cut-spindle). It all works just fine. I am planing to do light (wood, plexi, pvc, PCB engraving) milling only. Still, I am very new to the CNC business, so I need some advice.

Do you have any suggestions on where to buy end mills (in Europe, or ship to Switzerland if possible) / prefferably sets that would get me started (and maybe also collets, I currently have ER11)? I saw that inventables have some very nice starter kits. Or maybe you can help put together a set from a good source?

I would also love a good source / advice on which piece does what. For instance, why is it important to have a 2 flute carbide of this or that shape. Or use this bit for roughing and this for finishing… you get the point.

Thank you for your advice.

Best Regards
    Martin

Profile photo of C
    C
    Participant

I’m in basically the same situation as you at the moment. Trying to find sources for end mills in Europe and figuring out the different types and coatings.

Here’s a little bit of info I found on types and coatings.
    2 sources I’ve seen mentioned in Europe are CNC-Plus and Sorotec. I haven’t tried either of those yet myself but I plan to.

I ordered a few different types of cheap end mills from China before I found the European sources so I’m going to test with those first and then order some decent quality ones.
    I’ll order from one of those vendors anyway when I want to try aluminium.

Profile photo of martin
    martin
    Participant

Hi C
    thanks.
    Ihave also found cnc plus but sorotec not, thank you! I am going to read th forum entry at carbide3d.

Here is some info i found:

A Guide to CNC Bits

I have just ordered some bits from inventables (starter packs) so i can just start and find out :). Where do you get the cheap china ones?

Profile photo of C
    C
    Participant

Thanks for the link, I’ll have a read over it.
    The cheap end mills were bought on ali express. No idea as to the quality of them but I can let you know once I’ve been able to test them.
    Here are the links to the one’s I bought.
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.