First make

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt saeger Matt saeger 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt saeger
    Matt saeger
    Participant

For the person complaining about people only posting machine builds 🙂 here is my first thing made.

https://goo.gl/photos/TfvBdr2cyoGog1ij6

Just 1/4″ plywood cut through with a 1/8″ up cut spiral bit.

Next one I need to engrave the part numbers on the pieces so I can tell where they go. I also need to make the slots bigger so the intended audience can actually put it together. On this one I errored on the side of too tight for fear of it falling apart.

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Nice I think If I could find a scorpion my little 5 year old shop helper would really have fun with one of those.

Matt saeger
    Participant

Here’s the larger version with a 4 year old for scale.

https://goo.gl/photos/FWsvVQSJjETHty3i8

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

Dude! That’s cool!

Matt saeger
    Participant

Thanks! There were two pieces that I had to cut by hand because they were too big. Next summer I will make the build area bigger.

Profile photo of waynec
    waynec
    Participant

Hi Matt did you use the free Autodesk 123D make app to crate the sections to be cut?

see link below.

AutoDesk 123 make

Matt saeger
    Participant

Now he tells me 🙂

Thanks I will download it and see if I can figure it out. I couldn’t really do it with estlcam and I couldn’t figure out the fusion 360 cam at all.

Matt saeger
    Participant

I read your reply wrong. No I did not use that program I bought the dxf file from makecnc.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.