First project – Welcome

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC First project – Welcome

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of karltinsly karltinsly 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Curt
    Curt
    Participant

Here is my first real project made with the MPCNC. I will need to redo it since there was an issue with the g code on one of the letters. This is something my wife asked for and will be a great Christmas present

Attachments:
    Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Dang that thing is huge! Did you make a giant machine or move the part half way through? If you made a big machine you need to show me! I think that is in the release license, cool machine have to be shown off! Haha, so cool either way good job!

Profile photo of Curt
    Curt
    Participant

My wife is trying to talk me into making it big enough to cut these 6′ boards in 1 cut but this one was done by re-positioning for each letter. I found the error and I am heading out to get a new board to cut a new one now that I have the snow cleared off the driveway.

Thanks for making such a great design and sharing it with all of us. I wish I had the creativity to design things like this like you!
    Curt

vicious1
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words, This was designed on shear will power. I wanted a CNC mill that bad.

If you give in to the bosses’ request I would love to see a 6 foot machine.

Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

Ryan- The design calls for over 2×2 to have support along the rails. The one I am building is 4×4 (which really means 4.5×4.5ft), has anyone designed these support structures yet?

Jon

vicious1
    Keymaster

That completely depends on what you are doing with the machine at that size and what tolerances you expect.

Yes someone did make a support on thingiverse. If you can’t find it let me know and I can look after my tax appointment. (taxes are a bummer).

Profile photo of karltinsly
    karltinsly
    Participant

I think these are what you’re looking for: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1160962.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.