img2gcode issues

New Home Forum Software img2gcode issues

This topic contains 90 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Jason 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I generated a file to do a raster engrave but it does not work and continuous errors in the console log.

error.jpg are the errors generated in the console.

anyone have any ideas what is wrong here.

I also tried piclaser trial and generated the same errors.

It will run a vector engrave no problem.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

The screenshot you posted has no useful troubleshooting information. How about posting some gcode? I don’t recognize that host interface. What is it?

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

That interface is repetier server. Issues also happen in repetier host. I post the gcode shortly

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

The attached file is what I was trying to run

Attachments:
    1. dragon-2.rar
    Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

Looks like you’re using a version with the experimental decimal power values option. Marlin and repetitive can only accept 8bit integers for power values so try again with decimal option off. This feature was removed later on. The linked version below should be the most stable and bug-free.

http://www.vicious1.com/forum/topic/image2gcode-free-raster-image-laser-engraving-software-modified-for-mpcnc/page/6/#post-15455

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Thanks Leo I will give this version a shot tonight. I tried Version 1 and 0.5 last night.

The weird thing is PicLaser was doing the exact same thing.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Interesting… i ran the same file through version 0.4 , 1.0 and 1.1. The version 0.4 file was considerably smaller and less job time then 1.0 or 1.1 according to Repetier.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Did some googling and found this on the Repetier forums…

To quote Repetier’s Response:

“It is a communication error.

checksum mismatch => The given checksum could not be verified.
    Error:No Line Number with checksum => If we send a checksum we need also a line number. So the command got split on transfer in 2 halfes as it seems. One with line number and no checksum and the othe rhalf.
    Host fixes these error automatically. I expect there is a Resend somewhere near the messages.”

If its a communication error why does it only occur when I am trying to run raster engraving jobs. All my other vector jobs have run smoothly.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I am running this on a Dell Optiplex 790 with Win 10, 8 Gigs of ram. They hardware should be plenty powerful enough. Also going to try switching out the USB cable and move it to the rear USB ports.

Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

You should produce gcode without the decimal power values since they’re just wasting critical bandwidth anyway. Also, make sure baud rate is 250k. Laser raster engraving will definitely tax the system since each pixel requires a move command. I run jobs like this from Sd card myself and not familiar with repetier. If you can’t get this to work then try print from Sd if you have that option.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I do not have an SD card right now… But might have to then.

Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

I think vicious uses repetier. Maybe he can chime in with his set up for raster engraving.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Leo are you using Arduino 2560 and Ramps 1.4 with Marlin firmware?

When talking to the PicLaser guys they suggest and UNO and grbl… Its cheap enough to by the hardware but I know nothing of grbl.

Profile photo of Leo69
    Leo69
    Participant

Yeah. I’ve done a few firmware mods but the original guide and videos were done with vicious’ vanilla Marlin firmware. No issues. Maybe others will chime in on their laser setups.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I think for the $20 it will cost to pick up and UNO and CNC shield I might give grbl a test. It allows the cnc milling and laser shading of a 3d relief using PicEngraver Pro. But I am still hoping to get Raster engraving working with my current mega 2560/Ramps/marlin setup

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

@vicious1 help pleeeease LOL. I am really hoping this is not a 3rd bad Mega…

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Leo knows more about this than me. Did you try the non decimal version?

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I am going to this evening.. But its sound more and more like a USB connection issue. That error show up all over the place as connection issue. Recommendations are new cable, different port, change the baud speed. Might try my old mega with the fried 5 volt regulator to see if the code runs on that one.

vicious1
    Keymaster

Nope, your file does not work in repetier or from an SD card.

Screen shot of your settings?

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I do not have an SD slot… Yet. Which settings are you referring to?

vicious1
    Keymaster

How ever you made the gcode file. It doesn’t work at all, usb or sd card, so there must be bad setting.

Have you started with the estlcam walk through to just do a 2D drawing? Just to make sure all your stuff works? There are so many things that can go wrong, even more so when you sourced your own parts. This file is bad for sure, but does your machine actually work? Starting with anything other than a 2D drawing is adding way to many variables for a test run.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I used img2gcode. Set the laser on to M106 S and the off to M107. Not really any other settings.

A pen drawing works, then I tried a vector engrave with the laser works and it works. It moves by manual control no problem. It is just any raster engraving file I attempt to run.

Did you attempt to run the gcode I posted further up the thread? I did not work for you either? Same errors?

Is it an issue that the files are HUGE?

Could some one post a sample gcode of a raster that works for me to try?

vicious1
    Keymaster

My bad, I’m busy doing something else I didn’t have the power turned on. Your file seems works fine from repetier. I don’t have time to put the laser on right now but it goes through the motions just fine.

What issues are you having, the repetier issues from above? works fine here

Try my file it works fine, it’s from the stamp video.

vicious1
    Keymaster

Try using repetier host instead of server. I have never used server.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Ok. My file would not even start. The interface would just lock up and I would have to unplug the usb to get control again. I will see if your file work tonight.

My issue is in the repetier console log it says Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: xxx

attached graphic is from repetier

EDIT – Tried Repetier Host too and it spit out the exact same errors.

Attachments:
    vicious1
    Keymaster

That is from repetier-server, I have never used it. That screen shot doesn’t show anything but a continuous error, the first error is usually the important one. Try the regular repetier-host, proven to work well.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I didnt screen shot the errors from host but I did try it and the same errors showed up at the bottom… But host was connected thru repetier server… Maybe will try uninstalling server and serial connect with host.

Since the file is good and I can any send other gcode thru server I dont think that is the problem but its worth the shot.

It just strange that it is only happening with the raster engrave files.

vicious1
    Keymaster

Maybe server can’t handle the decimals.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Perhaps… the 0.4 version will answer that question. Do decimals work in Host for you?

EDIT- DUH they must if my file worked for you

asking on the Repetier forum directly to see if they can answer the decimal question for server.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Well @vicious1 you are the man… It was Repetier Server. Let it be known that Server does not work with the Raster Engraving files for what ever reason.

The code is running now. It looks like it needs some tweaks. Will post a pic when its done.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.