Just want to make sure I'm getting the correct tube

New Home Forum Assembly Just want to make sure I'm getting the correct tube

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bradley F Bradley F 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Troy Proffitt
    Troy Proffitt
    Participant

I’ve already printed out all of the 25.4mm parts and wanted to make sure I got the correct stainless steel tube:

https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-4494-8276-1-od-x-0065-wall-tube-304-stainless-steel-annealed.aspx

Thanks for the help!

Profile photo of William
    William
    Participant

It will absolutely work (it’s what I’ve used), the only ‘issue’ is that the j-series nut traps (placed inside the z tubes) are sized for .049 tubing, so some sanding will be required to get them to fit. Not a big deal in my mind, took maybe 10 minutes sanding by hand.

Profile photo of Bradley F
    Bradley F
    Participant

Awesome, I was looking at the same one tubing (mostly because it’s a lot cheaper than the 0.049 tubing).
    Still printing parts off, so I’ve been taking my time researching the tubing.

Troy Proffitt
    Participant

FYI, using 3 day UPS shipping, total cost was $113.37 to Houston Texas. My CNC machine is going to be 24″ X 36. I used the custom lengths option so I shouldn’t even have to cut my pipe when it gets here.

Bradley F
    Participant

yeh,
    I’m going with the custom cuts option as well, but for a 24″x 24″ (with 9″ Z movement) and it’s $70.00 + $18.72 for shipping to Missouri. ($88.72 total)

For me the Calc said:
    (6x) XY-axis Conduit Lengths: 34.4″ (ordering 34.5″)
    (2x) Z-Rail Lengths: 16.5″
    (4x) Leg Conduit Lengths: 8.5″

Hoping to order the tubing late next week, then the Parts Bundle from vicious near the end of October =\

Can’t wait to finally get this thing built =D

Troy Proffitt
    Participant

FYI, I got my tube in the mail last night and it’s perfect 🙂 I’ve been using a file on the edges so I don’t slit my wrists but other than that it’s super smooth light and strong. All of my rails slide great, no binding at all.

Bradley F
    Participant

awesome, thanks for the update on this tubing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.