- November 15, 2016 at 9:34 am #21025
I’m currently working on a 1″(J) tubing mpcnc, and have it very close to done.
Finished printing all of the parts last month and got the rest of the parts recently.
Designed/printed a few tube plugs, to protect the wire from getting cut on the tube ends: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1885144
I got my 1″ tubing from speedymetals.com and it fits perfectly (went with 0.065 wall since it was cheaper than the .045)
I printed mounts for pen, dremel, dewalt 660, and drag knife. and it appears to be drawing perfectly right now, checked the square and its exactly 90º
I have no clue on cutting speeds with the dremel/bit that I’ve got right now, but am getting close, had a bunch of mdf from a broken walmart bookshelf to play around on =D
Since I don’t have a base yet, the board wasn’t level for this cutting test.
January 1, 2017 at 7:31 pm #24110
- Base: I don’t have my mpcnc screwed onto a base yet, this will happen probably in a week or so, it’s not really needed with me just using the pen/low vertical pressure usage, but obviously would be handy for anything else. I am planning on making the base fit ontop of my keter foldout workbench.
- wire covering/management: wire’s are just everywhere right now…and it’s messy
- zip ties on pen mount…will be cut tonight (something quick/easy to check off on my todo lol)
- dewalt/drag knife: I don’t have either of these yet, but am looking forward to adding these soon
Got it mounted to a board, and a Dewalt 660 😀
Title says its 2’x2′, but thats the usable space, total size is bout 3’x3′
it was working fine until the bit that came with it broke (it was made for drywall and I was using it on some dense mdf) =\
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.