- November 15, 2016 at 9:34 am #21025
I’m currently working on a 1″(J) tubing mpcnc, and have it very close to done.
Finished printing all of the parts last month and got the rest of the parts recently.
Designed/printed a few tube plugs, to protect the wire from getting cut on the tube ends: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1885144
I got my 1″ tubing from speedymetals.com and it fits perfectly (went with 0.065 wall since it was cheaper than the .045)
I printed mounts for pen, dremel, dewalt 660, and drag knife. and it appears to be drawing perfectly right now, checked the square and its exactly 90º
I have no clue on cutting speeds with the dremel/bit that I’ve got right now, but am getting close, had a bunch of mdf from a broken walmart bookshelf to play around on =D
Since I don’t have a base yet, the board wasn’t level for this cutting test.
- Base: I don’t have my mpcnc screwed onto a base yet, this will happen probably in a week or so, it’s not really needed with me just using the pen/low vertical pressure usage, but obviously would be handy for anything else. I am planning on making the base fit ontop of my keter foldout workbench.
- wire covering/management: wire’s are just everywhere right now…and it’s messy
- zip ties on pen mount…will be cut tonight (something quick/easy to check off on my todo lol)
- dewalt/drag knife: I don’t have either of these yet, but am looking forward to adding these soon
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.