- leslieParticipantJuly 1, 2016 at 10:05 amPost count: 14
Do all 3 X,Y,Z axis have the same current limit? (asking since there are 2 steppers to one driver for both the X and Y axis)
Also what is the general default current used? (not understanding the current limit equation from video)
* Manufacturer Part Number: 17HS19-2004S
* Motor Type: Bipolar Stepper
* Step Angle: 1.8 deg.
* Holding Torque: 59Ncm(83.6oz.in)
* Rated Current/phase: 2.0A
* Phase Resistance: 1.4ohms
* Inductance: 3.0mH+/-20%(1KHz)
* Frame Size: 42 x 42mm
* Body Length: 47mm
* Shaft Diameter: 5mm
* Shaft Length: 19.5mm
* D-cut Length: 19.5mm
* Number of Leads: 4
* Lead Length: 225mm
* Weight: 390g
Black(A+), Green(A-), Red(B+), Blue(B-)
https://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Motor-Bipolar-4-lead-Printer/dp/B00QEYADRQ/175-7298675-8432964?ie=UTF8&keywords=nema%2017&linkCode=sl1&linkId=088cc788be292ba77982af769398a4a6&qid=1436660578&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-11&tag=vicicn-20vicious1KeymasterJuly 1, 2016 at 10:58 amPost count: 2677
Start with X and Y at .7V and Z at .46V and see how things feel. They can handle more than that but you will need a fan on your ramps board to keep the drivers cool.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.