Simplify3d with Repetier

New Home Forum Software Simplify3d with Repetier

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt saeger Matt saeger 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tyler Rager
    Tyler Rager
    Participant

So I just bought Simplify3d and was wondering how to use it with Repetier. Do I slice it in S3D and then import the Binary or Ascii file to Repetier? Or can I ditch Repetier altogether?

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Wow, I have owned simplify for a long time now and never thought to try and connect directly. I actually don’t know if you can, I’ll have to check in the morning. If it has control software built in than yes it will work, I’m just not sure it has control software.

I know Repetier, pronterface, and matter control all work.

Crazy to think I haven’t tried, I guess I always print from an SD…sorry, kind of blows my mind.

Profile photo of Sergey Kovalyov
    Sergey Kovalyov
    Participant

Yes, if you have Simplify3D, you don’t need Repetier.

Profile photo of Cesar
    Cesar
    Participant

Consider going Hog wild and take your image sliced with Simply3d and upload to your octopi driven raspberry pie. Plug to one of USB ports and use another for a camera for remote viewing from any where in the world. No fussing with SD cards or miniature LCD screens.

Profile photo of Matt saeger
    Matt saeger
    Participant

You can save the gcode file from simplify3d and send it to the machine with repetier. I do that on my 3d printer because I like the live view better on repetier. On the cnc I have just been going from sd.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.