Spindle (UK)

New Home Forum Getting Started Spindle (UK)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johan johan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Hi,

My parts arrived a few days ago (thanks Ryan), so looking for a good spindle to use while I wait for my conduit to arrive.

I’m happy to spend a bit more money than normal on the spindle if it means I’ll get better results or have a wider range of materials to play with.

This one from Amazon seems pretty nice:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LuiFure-Spindle-Inverter-Engraving-Milling/dp/B019F0RX82

Is this massively overkill for MPCNC? What are the main benefits from getting a more powerful spindle?

Thanks

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

I’d worry about the weight.

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

I would look for something in the 300-800W range. 3000W is like trying to water your house plant with a fire hose, it might work but it is far from ideal.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the advice!

I think I’ll probably go for this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kress-1050W-Milling-Electronic-Control/dp/B00DOTGRRY/

It’s a bit higher powered, but I’ve had some good recommendations.

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Still pretty big But I have read nothing but good things about kress. We can’t get them in the US but I wish we could!

Profile photo of johan
    johan
    Participant

I wish I could get the dewalt in Europe but that’s only because of the low price.
    That said a Kress will probably last longer as it was designed for running long periods on a CNC machine and its well worth the money.

A Kress 530 FM would be plenty powerful enough for a MPCNC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.