Z Axis motor seems to be getting extremely hot.

New Home Forum don’t use this one, I need to sort and delete -Troubleshooting Z Axis motor seems to be getting extremely hot.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vicious1 vicious1 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jimmystanley37
    jimmystanley37
    Participant

my Z Axis motor seems to be getting extremely hot. i noticed it because i could smell it. it was hot to the touch. if feels smooth and not binding when i manually move the z up or down, wires all look good? its just 3d printing and not milling so not a lot of load on it. Any suggestions on what could be causing it so i can start trying to fix it before burning the motor up.,

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Are you using the parts from this site? What is the Z driver voltage as measured from the pot to the ground? Should be about .42v if you are using my parts.

Profile photo of jimmystanley37
    jimmystanley37
    Participant

i am, i lowered all the voltage back down, they were closer to .8v. i will run another test, make sure nothing is skipping, and see how the temps go from there. this entire kit is from you, and so far, i am loving it. just getting it all dialed in slowly. lol

Profile photo of vicious1
    vicious1
    Keymaster

Did you change them? I ship all the boards ready to run. X and Y drivers should be set to .7v, Z should be .42v.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.