Home / Forum / Assembly / Z wiring path

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BillBill
    #18452 |

So I’m running wires today and everything is making sense as I pull through the center tubes for X and Y axis. Then I look at the center gantry and it’s wires… It looks like pretty much everywhere I could run the wires is liable to get hung up as things move around and the Frame instructions don’t seem to address it. Am I missing something in the instructions or do I need a sky hook to hang the wires on.? 🙂

I expect the same issue again when I switch from a mill head to a 3D print head, but once I know what to do for one It should work for the other.

Profile photo of BarryBarry
    #18458 |

There’s a couple ways to do it. One is use the “hang it from the ceiling” which is what I do. The other is to use a cable chain with one end attached to the z assembly, and the other attached to one side of your x axis. Look through the builds thread and you’ll see some examples.

Profile photo of AlvinAlvin
    #18567 |

Drag chain from Amazon and some scrap gutter cover (I think)

Profile photo of vicious1vicious1
    #18576 |

I have been looking, I know there was a thread were we all posted our z axis wires, but I can’t find it.

Mine is just in PET wire sleeve and the natural curl keeps it out of the way. Zip tied to the roller plate and the gantry xyz.

Profile photo of BillBill
    #18585 |

Yeah, I figured there would be a thread, but couldn’t find it either.

The drag chain looks interesting. I might have a suitable aluminum angle that I could set in there. It looks like the drag chains mostly come in 1 meter lengths so I just have to decide how wide and how deep. 🙂

This one looks nifty too…

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Profile photo of Bill Bill.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.