Gregoire bought the hardware bundle a few months ago. I check there site every week or so to see if they have made any progress, get an email today, they finally had the time to get it all together. The build looks great even though google translate says they had some issues with the ramps and some printed parts. It’s done now and has been added to their HackerSpace, by the look of the pictures on the home page it has a few people interested in it.
Don’t worry Gregoire I’m working on more rigid parts now to speed things up for you a little bit and I am still keeping the scale-ability the new parts. Might want to upgrade from that Dremel 3000 though, the runout isn’t the greatest, that could help speed things up a bit. If I happen to get to Paris I’ll bring you a spindle!
Gregoire says they are bringing it to the MakerFaire in Paris. If your in the neighborhood go check it out and give him a high five for me!
- johnbiehler.com — johnbiehler.com did a cool write up with some great pictures. Have a look Part 1 , Part 2. Awesome, [...]
- HACKADAY – Again! — Awesome feeling to scroll though the site (avoiding work) and seeing this, https://hackaday.com/2016/06/30/a-hydra-of-a-3d-printer/ Pretty cool to see it in the comments from another story and 3 days later a nice little write up about it, so cool, Thanks again HACKADAY, and P D for making the comment. Here’s the first one if you missed it, [...]
- Fabriqueurs.com at it again! — So lets add clay extruder to the multi tool list, thanks to Gregoire over at Fabriqueurs.com. Now that there concept has been proven I can’t wait to see what they use it for. Good job guys! Check it out here, http://www.fabriqueurs.com/imprimante-ceramique-extruder-de-largile/ This looks like it could be a lot of fun and like the cnc [...]
- ASME — The American Society of Mechanical Engineers – Put up an interview from almost 3 months ago. I didn’t have the grades to make the club when I was in school so it feels real nice to be front page of the website! Doesn’t seem to work well in Firefox… https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/manufacturing-design/making-your-own-cnc-machine [...]
- 3ders.org! — Such a well written piece, thank you Alec. [...]