I can’t get it to work at all now, so something is more broken than before. I can switch the cables, drivers, and motors around and the only thing that consistently doesn’t work is that port on the RAMPS board. I am going to reconfigure the software to use the extruder 1 port for the Z axis and see what that does.
I’ve also got well crimped dupont connectors on the Z axis, and most of the X,Y now. I’m going to tie the connectors together with wax string to make sure there’s no chance it will be my wiring if it takes out another port.
Also, I made a video the other day, and I finally uploaded it. Maybe this will be useful to someone: