Reply To: Question about GRBL's Homing function and strange Z Axis stepper behavior

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Question about GRBL's Homing function and strange Z Axis stepper behavior Reply To: Question about GRBL's Homing function and strange Z Axis stepper behavior

Burt
Participant

OK,

Now that I, finally, have the correctly jumpers set for 8 micro steps things are much better. I still can’t get the Z Axis to run as fast as the X and Y but it is tolerable for now.

Looks like the UNO just runs out of steam when trying to keep up with the Z Axis at the same seek rate as the X and Y axis, which makes sense since it takes many more steps to move Z one millimeter.

The good thing is that I have X and Y (and most likely Z) pretty well dialed in. When I move 10 mm it is about as close as I can measure it to 10mm. And I expect that the Z should be correct too, but won’t really know until I can work on getting the middle completed and the Z Axis fully installed and mounted.

Then I’ll see how it goes when I get the RAMPS board try that with my Mega that is sitting idle right now.

Now off to neaten things up to get a few pictures in the works.