Reply To: Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material Reply To: Ordering 1" Steel tubing but have a question on type and thickness of material

Mike B
Participant

Hey Guys,

I am not really concerned with accuracy all that much.. I’m looking to make my first build of this machine to be able to mill hdpe multi layer material for creating 2 color plastic signs essentially.

The larger format will ultimately be needed in my applications but i’m building this first one as a test.

My issue with the dewalt router is that it uses brushes on the motor and brushed motors do not last relatively long.

I’d rather spend some extra money up front for a long term spindle solution.

the design of this cnc is fantastic… I understand there are limitations…. i’m curious to see what the limitations are and see if they can then be improved upon easily.

a full sheet machine 4×8′ would be absolutely perfect my needs… hopefully we get there down the road and vicious 1 i’m sure your design would be incredible for this large format machine if you decide to do one… I would absolutely build one.