Reply To: Unauthorized seller, again…

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Unauthorized seller, again… Reply To: Unauthorized seller, again…

Ryan
Keymaster

The price on 3d hubs is super crazy, I made sure even with shipping across the globe I should still be at least 1/3 cheaper.

If somebody really wanted to do that they should send me a message and I am sure I wouldn’t have a problem with 1 set. The person doing the printing, might not do it because of the release license though. I have no idea what 3D hubs policy is one that if it is linked form thingiverse.

I know every time this kind of thing comes up some people kind of get offended at my point of view, and there are people that are die hard open source (this project is not open source). The is a very real truth, if I don’t make some sort of money on this I will not have the time to support or update it. I feel giving away everything to those that have the abuilty and supporting even people that have given me nothing is enough.

I get extremely offended when someone else violates all this and tries to sell non commercial products. Every company/person that has asked to be an authorized seller/distributor I have said yes to with a single digit commision. The one company that actually did it, I caught them lying about their sales and they refused, to this day, to give me my $3 commision on the one I caught. Who knows how many they sold and didn’t pay me my $3. Some people are just worthless. Then there are the people that donate, such polar opposites. I never ask or suggest a tip, yet some people feel very strongly and do it anyway, some even on a recurring basis.