Reply To: MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment Reply To: MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment

Tom Cole
Participant

Here’s the 26.5mm cut down nozzle.

HSB,
I’m not going to use Dropbox for any updates. I wasn’t happy that the first link I posted died when I tried to update files in its folder. The A360, which is Autodesk’s cloud is directly connected with Fusion360 and I’m just going to provide the Fusion links from now on. I need to get a better understanding of how updates are handled with A360 and Fusion, but I’m under the impression that the links from there will always give you the latest version. I don’t do a great job with update tracking. In fact, I’m sloppy. Sorry, I’ll work on that.

The air jet bracket pictured above is at this link http://a360.co/2mDsm44
It will replace the DW660bot1 file in Ryan’s original design. The holes have threads modeled into them already. The side hole is 1/8 NPT, which is something like .390-27 ANSI UNS, and the down hole is 5/16-32 – standard Schrader inner-tube threads(and inflation needles). I got a few needles and I am experimenting with cutting them down.
I got the 1/4″ polyethylene tubing at Lowes as well as the push-connect elbow and 1/4″ MPT adapter so I could connect a standard air hose fitting. Still pondering pressure regulator options.

I’m probably going to move the threaded hole on the side away from the z axis mount in order to clear the bearing. I have a feeling that is going to require that I turn the DW660 in the mount 180° so the air hose doesn’t block access to the spindle lock button. Like I said, lots of little bumps in the road.