Reply To: Stainless Steel 1" MPCNC with Totem Supports

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Stainless Steel 1" MPCNC with Totem Supports Reply To: Stainless Steel 1" MPCNC with Totem Supports

geodave
Participant

Since I did the parametric remix of the totem design, I took a look at what Ryan was talking about. I measured the original design as 27.6mm offset between the X & Y EMT’s. Ryan can correct me if I am wrong, but I measure 26mm offset between the X & Y EMT’s for C525 design. That is a difference of 1.6mm between the 2 designs. If that is correct, you should be able to change only the variable on Line 33 of the totem_Remix_Rev6.scad file to:

EMT_Z_Offset = 2 – .8; //The .8 splits that 1.6mm difference between the top & bottom totem parts.

This gives me a 26mm offset when I import the corrected assembly of totem parts into Draftsight & measure them.

If the 1″ stainless is a different outside diameter than the 3/4″ EMT, you should be able to change the variable on line 26:

EMT_OD = 23.6; //Size for 3/4″EMT

I think you will only need to recreate the Top, Bottom & Joiner part.
To create each of these new STL parts, On line 91 of the scad file you will also need to change the variable:

Totem_Type = 1; //1 = Totem Top and Bottom Part
Save that STL file after hitting F6 (Render)
Then change that variable to:
Totem_Type = 2; //2 = Totem Joiner Part
Save that STL file after hitting F6 (Render)

The parametric design for this is: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1415204

Let me know if I missed anything here.