Reply To: Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything Reply To: Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything

Matt
Participant

I appreciate the reply P3DCNC! My nut trap is on the bottom also and spacer is on top same as yours. We had people over all day today so I haven’t really been able to check much or run any code, but I did make one pretty significant discovery.

I went into Repetier host and manually used the jogger commands to raise and lower the axis for a while did it up 10 steps then down 10 steps about 10 times so approximately 100 moves with no fails. Then I ran it up and down at 10 steps at a time still no problems there. I then switched to manually imputing g-code. So I just alternated between G1 Z15 F500 and G1 Z20 F500 over and over again, and every so often I would get this horrible grinding halt that is undoubtedly causing my problem.

please excuse my children screaming in the background 🙂
video

So, I guess now my question would be is this still because of the speed or is this a mechanical problem? 500 mm/m should be in the safe zone according to the info I’ve read so it seems like it would lean toward the mechanical end. Could my threaded rod or nut just be bad?