Reply To: SBase, Smoothieware

James Schubert
Participant

well the sainsmart 2 in 1 was just totally disappointing.

I plugged it into my usb port – NO DRIVER – no standard driver. Had to hunt down the official FTDI drivers and install manually from inf files.

That gave me a ‘VIRTUAL’ USB port. Reconnected to my computer and launched the Arduino IDE. Complied Marlin firmware fine but on upload it just set there uploading until it timed out. OVER AND OVER.

So I had to hunt for hours for relevant documenation and when I did find documentation I CRINGED.

Apparently the boards, which are supposed to be new, were launched with and ancient bootloader.
This bootloader will not work with anything newer than Arduino IDE 1.0.4. The current version 1.8.4 will not work.

Downloaded Arduino IDE 1.0.4 ZIP. Ran from unzipped folder.

Attempted to compile Marlin and it refused to compiled because it did not support that OLD of a bootloader.

By that time I was furious and BOXED IT UP AND SENT IT BACK TO AMAZON FOR A REFUND.

While I am sure I could literally spend DAYS hacking the board and trying to get it to work…..naaaaaaaa

BROKE DOWN AND PAID THE EXTRA BUCKS FOR THE Gowoops MKS SBASE V1.3 3D Printer Control Board, 32bit Arm Platform Smooth Open Source MCU-LPC1768, Compatible with Smoothieware

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7IHI9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the config.zip vicious1!!!

Will update on how good it works.