Reply To: Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything Reply To: Z-axis Still giving me a problem after everything

Vincent Pollaro
Participant

I bought my hardware bundle from you and looking back at my build pictures, I do see what appears to be grease on the inside of the bag the rod came in. What likely happened is the bulk of the grease ended up elsewhere during handling and installation of the rod. By the time the build was complete there was no appreciable grease left on it. This is obviously not a problem for the majority of folks, but just something I encountered. A liberal helping of lithium grease post-construction wouldn’t hurt and might prevent issues for some folks. Just a thought!

I absolutely love this machine. I am an old 3D printing pro who has done just about everything you can with one (including non-planar printing – interesting stuff) and the MPCNC has opened up a whole new world of fun and destruction. It is amazing where sawdust hides. Thank you!