My kit was all 100% from the shop, but I don’t remember if there was any grease on the rod in the bag for sure or not I do think there might have been. I remember thinking when I was building it that it seemed like it should be greased when I was manually moving the nut up the rod. I just didn’t think about it causing such an issue till dealing with all this.
Either way I am with Neil and Vincent on it if we weren’t all willing to go through issues like this to have such an awesome machine we wouldn’t be here. It obviously is enough lube for most people and I value all the learning experiences I got along the way! I understand G-code much better now, and I am getting more capable in fusion360 and I actually understand what the post processor is doing pretty well now. I think I may look into the vacuum boot too though because I don’t want sawdust causing me any more grief.
I have made a bunch more cuts and still no resurfacing of the issue so I hope I am in the clear. I even used it to cut out some leather stuff which is pretty awesome.
Thank you Vicious and everyone for helping me on my journey, and making this possible!!