Reply To: MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment Reply To: MPCNC add-on DW660 mount with vacuum attachment

Tom Cole
Participant

Did some serious lexan milling tonight. The air jet and the dust shoe together are a big improvement over the my former setup, the tapered nozzle and a hand held jet. Not only did I just get the cleanest cuts of lexan yet, but it didn’t look like it snowed in my shop afterward. I’d say an overall 80% reduction in clean-up time is a fair assessment, and the rails and belts were clean, which was a problem before.

However, too many of the chips are still getting away. I am pretty sure I can improve things much further with a brush around the dust shoe. Need to source something for that.

This was enjoyable to watch. Before, it was not uncommon for lexan chips to gall-up on the bit, eventually making swirls on the lexan along the tool path. This did not happen tonight. The chips peeled right off the bit while it was cutting.