Reply To: Cutting Carbon Fiber Safely

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Cutting Carbon Fiber Safely Reply To: Cutting Carbon Fiber Safely

Barry
Participant
I’ll be sure to post what works for me!

And I’ve got a few different sizes. Most of mine swing 5″ props, one of them has 3″ props and it’s faster than it’s big brothers. I mean no doubt in my mind it’s over 80mph. Sometimes with FPV it’s a bit hard to tell how fast you’re going, but this thing is pretty outrageous. My 5″ ones are pretty quick to and I like them better because the extra momentum carries them more and it just feels more natural. Anyway, if you have a CF frame on yours that is even half decent CF quality, it’ll take a good crash or a really unlucky crash to break it. The worst I’ve done so far was a little bit of delamination and a little crack on some 1.5mm thick stuff. I’ve hit poles, trees, grass, had a failsafe ~100ft over cement…

Wow. My last crash broke my aluminum frame and two of my motors. Snapped the shaft on one motor, and the other one was pulled off the frame, stripped out the screw holes.