The image2gcode picture came out better than I ever expected – very nice, indeed! The black and white logo, which I did with Laser Etch, is over-burned. I’m not sure what I need to tweak to fix it, yet. Lower power and/or faster speed, I imagine.
All in all, I am very happy with my initial burns. I will edit some video and put it up later, but for now here are some pics:
Here’s the laser on its quick release mount with the target line lasers, cooling fan and terminal board for prototyping the connections.
The whole thing’s a bit of a mess, until I get the bugs worked out and then I can wire it up properly.
Here it is, lasing its first picture.
This was the first try ever at burning a picture – came out great! I used Leo’s modified version of image2gcode. Highly recommended! Thanks, Leo!
This is the same logo I’ve cut multiple times with a router at different sizes. Something is wrong with this burn. I’ll try speeding it up and see what happens.